Private Instruction & Guiding
All ASM courses and tours can be undertaken by groups and individuals on a private basis at any time. Private Instruction is a good option if your timetable doesn't allow you to participate in our scheduled activities. With Private Instruction & Guiding you are free to select the dates that suit you!
Please note: personal guiding and instruction is not always available on Weekends over the busy summer months. Please contact our office to discuss availability.
For larger groups please contact our office to discuss a group discount. We can arrange activities for groups such as schools, youth groups, social clubs and conferences.
Terms and Conditions
Prior to booking an activity or course, we recommend calling our office (02) 4782 2014 to ensure that the adventure you have chosen is appropriate for you.
(Booking payments for winter snow courses and climbing expeditions, see separate information)
- For all individual activity and course bookings, full payment is required when booking.
- For group bookings (8 or more participants) a booking deposit amounting to $50 per person per activity is required when booking. The balance is due at least 14 days prior to the activity date.
- Payment can be made by credit card, direct deposit, or money order. Direct deposits must be received no less than 1 week before commencement of course. Business cheques may be accepted on prior arrangement with management.
Booking Cancellations and Changes
As administration costs are incurred as soon as we commence processing your booking and additional costs are incurred in the weeks prior to your trip, the following fees apply for cancellations and changes to your booking regardless of circumstances. (Booking cancellations and changes for winter snow course and climbing expeditions, see separate information).
- 14 days or more notice prior to the starting date of your activity, we will refund your payment less a $35 handling fee, or transfer your booking at no charge.
- 14 - 8 days notice, a $50 fee or 30% of your activity/course fee applies (whichever is greater) for cancellations and transfers.
- 7 - 3 days notice 50% of your course fee.
- 3 days or less you forfeit your full payment.
We strongly advise that participants obtain insurance to cover any fees that may be incurred due to unforeseen cancellations or transfers. www.covermore.com.au offer cancellation insurance from as little as $9.
ASM reserves the right to cancel an activity due to insufficient numbers, adverse weather conditions (see ‘Weather’), guide unavailability, bushfires, or any other circumstances out of our control. If ASM must cancel an activity or course, a full refund or transfer of your course fee can be given.
Booking Payments for Winter Snow Courses and Climbing Expeditions
For all winter snow courses (including mountaineering courses), and climbing expeditions (including Mt Arapiles trip) the following booking payments are required;
- $200 deposit paid upon booking.
- Full payment required 30 days prior to trip commencement.
Cancellation Policy for Winter Snow Courses and Climbing Expeditions
It is important to understand that we run only a limited number of winter snow courses and climbing expeditions each year, with a limited number of places - we often have to turn people away as courses book out quickly, and filling a cancelled place at short notice is not always possible.
- 30 days or more notice prior to the starting date of your course, we will refund your payment less a $50 handling fee, or transfer your booking at no charge.
- 30 - 14 days notice, course fees can be refunded less $200 deposit.
- 14 days or less you forfeit your full payment. If we can fill your place within this timeframe, we may refund your course fee less the $200 booking deposit.
We strongly advise that participants obtain insurance to cover any fees that may be incurred due to unforeseen cancellations. www.covermore.com.au offer competitively priced cancellation insurance.
In the unlikely event that ASM must cancel your course due to insufficient numbers, every effort will be made to offer you alternative dates for this course. If alternative dates are not suitable, a full refund of your course fee can be given.
If you fail to show up on the day of your activity or course, you forfeit your course fee.
Group number changes
ASM needs to be informed of any changes in numbers or clients as soon as possible. Where a quote has been given for a group booking any reduction in the number of clients may result in higher price per person for the course/activity. An increase in group numbers may not always be possible. To avoid disappointment please notify us of any changes as soon as possible.
Our programs still run in most weather conditions. Weather in the mountains can be very different to that in Sydney, and can even vary from area to area within the Blue Mountains. Your booked activity will run unless you are informed otherwise. We may be able to offer you an alternative activity/trip if weather affects your activity. However, if we need to cancel your scheduled activity/course we will make every effort to contact you.
Clients that make their own decision to not attend a trip based on weather conditions, where the course or activity is not cancelled by ASM, will forfeit their full course/activity fee. Only when ASM must cancel a course or activity due to adverse weather conditions will refunds be given.
All fees are in Australian Dollars and include GST