If you want to learn the basics of abseiling and self rescue then this course is a must!
If you’re into exploring canyons or caves or just want to go abseiling for the sheer fun of it, this course will help you do it! The ASM Intermediate Abseiling Course is without rival in technical content and instructional quality.
We start with a short review of your existing abseiling skills and knowledge and then proceed to the more advanced training.
The course content will include:
- selection, fitting and use of abseiling equipment
- selection and rigging of suitable anchor systems and single pitch abseils
- hazard identification and avoidance
- risk management strategies
- self-belaying methods
- belay techniques for abseiling
- dealing with emergencies such as a “stuck” abseiler
- basic rescue and self rescue systems.
While there is some theory involved in this one-day course, all the training will take place on the cliffs. If you’re serious about becoming independent on the cliffs, then the ASM Introductory Abseiling Course is a must!
- Australia’s Most Experienced Adventure Guiding & Outdoor Training Specialists – The Australian School of Mountaineering
- Nationally Qualified & Highly Experienced Guides
- All Technical Equipment
- Delicious & Nutritious Lunch (Please inform us of any requirements on your booking info)
- All National Parks’ Entrance Fees
- Certificates (if required)
- 15% off in our Partner Store, Paddy Pallin Katoomba
After we process your booking an information sheet detailing specific equipment and dress requirements will be sent to you.
If you do not receive an immediate booking confirmation you may be the opening booking for this activity, our office will contact you shortly to confirm your booking.