Between October and April our Abseiling & Canyoning Adventure features Empress Canyon.
The first part of the day is focused on acquiring abseiling skills- we start with several short practice abseils and then move up to some higher challenges- the introductory abseiling session is an exciting adventure in its own right!
After lunch we’ll test our new skills with a trip through Empress Canyon. The journey takes us deep inside the sandstone cliff, wading, scrambling, swimming and jumping into pools! We will complete our canyon journey with a thrilling waterfall abseil down Empress Falls.
From here we hike back to the bus and take in some of the most impressive views to be found anywhere in the Blue Mountains along the way!
- A keen sense of Adventure
- Reasonable fitness
- Basic swimming ability
- Australia’s most experienced adventure guiding & outdoor training specialists – The Australian School of Mountaineering
- Nationally qualified & highly experienced guides
- All technical equipment
- Delicious & nutritious Lunch (Please inform us of any requirements on your booking info)
- All National Parks’ entrance fees
- 15% off in our partner store, Paddy Pallin Katoomba
Please be aware that:
- Canyoning involves a variety of challenges- Lots of hiking, cold water swimming, scrambling over slippery surfaces and potentially rock climbing
- All participants must carry their own pack for the day and while negotiating these obstacles
- Good, closed toe footwear is required (Old sneakers are adequate)
- It’s going to be cold! We will provide a wetsuit, we recommend you bring a woolen or synthetic fleece layer also (No cotton- it will not work when wet!)
- A raincoat is required as emergency gear. This will help trap warm air against you and keep you extra warm. (We can provide this if necessary, but your own will be nicer and fit better!)
- We recommend all particpants are over 14 Years of age. Please call us if you have younger people who are keen for adventure!
- Bring spare clothes and a towel- You will need them when you get back to the office
After we process your booking an information sheet detailing specific equipment and dress requirements will be sent to you.
If you do not receive an immediate booking confirmation you may be the opening booking for this activity, our office will contact you shortly to confirm your booking.