The best way to see Wollangambe Canyon is to float down it using inflatable lilos. For an invigorating day in the Blue Mountains, a trip down the Wollangambe can’t be beaten! The water is slow moving and gently winds it’s way through picturesque canyon scenery between towering sandstone cliffs. A picnic lunch on the white sands of a Wollangambe beach is a memory that will last forever! Though this is an introductory trip, Wollangambe canyon is still a wilderness adventure and requires good fitness.
For those that are feeling adventurous, their is an optional side trip in to the bottom section of Whungee Whengee canyon- Arguably the best slot canyon in the Blue Mountains.
- A keen sense of Adventure
- Reasonable fitness
- Reasonable swimming ability (this canyon involves lots of swimming)
- Australia’s most experienced adventure guiding & outdoor training specialists – The Australian School of Mountaineering
- Nationally qualified & highly experienced guides
- All technical equipment
- Delicious & nutritious Lunch (Please inform us of any requirements on your booking info)
- All National Parks’ entrance fees
- 15% off in our partner store, Paddy Pallin Katoomba
Please be aware that:
- Canyoning involves a variety of challenges- Lots of hiking, cold water swimming, scrambling over slippery surfaces and potentially rock climbing
- All participants must carry their own pack for the day and while negotiating these obstacles
- Good, closed toe footwear is required (Old sneakers are adequate)
- It’s going to be cold! We will provide a wetsuit, we recommend you bring a woolen or synthetic fleece layer also (No cotton- it will not work when wet!)
- A raincoat is required as emergency gear. This will help trap warm air against you and keep you extra warm. (We can provide this if necessary, but your own will be nicer and fit better!)
- We recommend all particpants are over 14 Years of age. Please call us if you have younger people who are keen for adventure!
- Bring spare clothes and a towel- You will need them when you get back to the office