This is our Intermediate Canyon through the cooler months (May – September). Abseiling experience is preferred, but a keen sense of adventure is all you require to see this fantastic canyon!
The upper catchment for this canyon has long ago eroded in to the Wolgan Valley- The water which formed it no longer flows down Tigersnake Canyon. This expedition takes place to the North of Katoomba, where the canyons are narrower and the landscape is a sea of amazing rock pagoda formations, in the Gardens Of Stone National Park.
This trip features four exciting and ‘unique’ abseils up to 25m. The highlight is the final abseil through a hole in the ground which takes us into a deep, dark slot. The canyon in this final section is simply spectacular!
It is a canyon that is not only physically challenging, but offers some great bushwalking in an area not often seen by visitors to the Blue Mountains!
- Australia’s most experienced Adventure Guiding & Outdoor Training Specialists – The Australian School of Mountaineering
- Nationally Qualified & Highly Experienced Guides
- All Technical Equipment
- Delicious & Nutritious Lunch (Please inform us of any requirements on your booking info)
- All National Parks’ Entrance Fees
- 15% off in our Partner Store, Paddy Pallin Katoomba
Please be aware that:
- Canyoning involves a variety of challenges- Lots of hiking, cold water swimming, scrambling over slippery surfaces and potentially rock climbing
- All participants must carry their own pack for the day and while negotiating these obstacles
- Good, closed toe footwear is required (Old sneakers are adequate)
- It’s going to be cold! We will provide a wetsuit, we recommend you bring a woolen or synthetic fleece layer also (No cotton- it will not work when wet!)
- A raincoat is required as emergency gear. This will help trap warm air against you and keep you extra warm. (We can provide this if necessary, but your own will be nicer and fit better!)
- We recommend all particpants are over 14 Years of age. Please call us if you have younger people who are keen for adventure!
- Bring spare clothes and a towel- You will need them when you get back to the office
After we process your booking an information sheet detailing specific equipment and dress requirements will be sent to you.
If you do not receive an immediate booking confirmation you may be the opening booking for this activity, our office will contact you shortly to confirm your booking.