Prior abseiling experience is necessary to undertake this course. We recommend an understanding of basic abseiling techniques, knots, etc. Our Abseiling 1 course is a great starting point and our Abseiling 2 course is even better. The greater your understanding of the basics, the more you will get out of this course!
In addition to the Canyon 2 course content, topics covered will include:
- Descending past a knot
- Ascending past a knot & edges
- Complex hauling systems
- Complex lowering systems
- Backing up anchors and anchor components
- Trip Planning
- Recommended equipment
- Group workshopping of emergency scenarios, including benightment
This intensive 3 day course will leave you will the high level skills to manage yourself & others in wilderness canyons & emergency situations.
- Australia’s most experienced adventure guiding & outdoor training specialists – The Australian School of Mountaineering
- Nationally qualified & highly experienced guides
- All technical equipment
- Delicious & nutritious Lunch (Please inform us of any requirements on your booking info)
- All National Parks’ entrance fees
- 15% off in our partner store, Paddy Pallin Katoomba
After we process your booking an information sheet detailing specific equipment and dress requirements will be sent to you.
If you do not receive an immediate booking confirmation you may be the opening booking for this activity, our office will contact you shortly to confirm your booking.