We visit some of the best climbing venues in the Blue Mountains offering you the finest climbing training and completing some great classic rock climbs along the way. Each day we sample some of the finest climbs on offer in the Blue Mountains.
We combine and extend the contents of our Rock 1 and Rock 2 Courses to bring you four days of concentrated climbing activity and training. This course provides the relative newcomer with a comprehensive rock climbing skill set. If you are serious about becoming a dedicated rock climber then Rock 3 is for you!
This course will cover:
- Safety on the rock
- Using climbing equipment
- How to use various footholds & handholds
- Proper belay technique
- Different techniques such as crack climbing, lay-backing and smearing
- Seconding techniques on multi-pitch routes
- Protection systems and anchor rigging
- Advanced rope management and use
- Route selection and hazard assessment
- Australia’s most experienced adventure guiding & outdoor training specialists – The Australian School of Mountaineering
- Nationally qualified & highly experienced guides
- All technical equipment
- Delicious & nutritious Lunch (Please inform us of any requirements on your booking info)
- All National Parks’ entrance fees
- 15% off in our partner store, Paddy Pallin Katoomba
After we process your booking an information sheet detailing specific equipment and dress requirements will be sent to you.
If you do not receive an immediate booking confirmation you may be the opening booking for this activity, our office will contact you shortly to confirm your booking.