Climbing is great fun when it works like it should! But what happens when it goes wrong? Are you ready? Are you prepared? You’ve got yourself into trouble, now can you get yourself out? Could you improvise a system to raise an exhausted climbing partner? How about escaping from the belay? Do you know the safest options for retrieving a stuck rope? Can you rescue an unconscious lead climber? You owe it to yourself and your climbing friends to learn these rescue skills!
The subjects covered in the course will include:
- Rope & Rack – Your Improvised Self-Rescue Kit
- Useful Knots for Self Rescue
- Advanced Anchor Workshop – What Holds it all Together
- Advanced Prussiking – The Latest Skills for Climbers
- Climber Risk Management – Anticipating and Minimising Risk
- Escaping The Belay – Getting Free of the Rope System
- Incident Assessment – Making The Right Decisions
- Casualty Access – Aiding the Fallen
- Climber Rescue – Lowering and Raising Systems
- Training Scenarios -Rescuing The Second / Rescuing The Leader
- Evacuation – Improvised Carrying Systems
- Some Essentials – Little Things That Make a Big Difference!
- Australia’s most experienced adventure guiding & outdoor training specialists – The Australian School of Mountaineering
- Nationally qualified & highly experienced guides
- All technical equipment
- Delicious & nutritious Lunch (Please inform us of any requirements on your booking info)
- All National Parks’ entrance fees
- 15% off in our partner store, Paddy Pallin Katoomba
After we process your booking an information sheet detailing specific equipment and dress requirements will be sent to you.
If you do not receive an immediate booking confirmation you may be the opening booking for this activity, our office will contact you shortly to confirm your booking.