Prior to booking this course, we recommend calling our office on (02) 4782 2014 to ensure that this climbing course is appropriate for you.
Sport climbing is undoubtedly the most popular form of climbing the world over. The thrill and challenge of lead climbing, with the security of pre-placed bolts, allows the climber to push themselves both physically and mentally.
If you would like to take the next step, our sport climbing course will teach the essentials for leading bolted sport routes.
Our two-day course includes:
- Quickdraw placement and clipping methods
- Cleaning a route
- Threading/cleaning an anchor
- Stances for clipping/conserving energy
- Safety considerations (rope positioning, leader falls)
- Belaying methods for lead climbing
- Route selection and assessment
Please note: Intending participants should have some previous Rock Climbing experience.
- Australia’s most experienced adventure guiding & outdoor training specialists – The Australian School of Mountaineering
- Nationally qualified & highly experienced guides
- All technical equipment
- Delicious & nutritious Lunch (Please inform us of any requirements on your booking info)
- All National Parks’ entrance fees
- 20% off all gear purchases in our partner store, Paddy Pallin Katoomba