This course is $1495 for those with the pre-requisite Guide single pitch abseiling- natural surfaces qualification. If you require both Abseil & Canyon qualifications this course is $1695.
This qualification integrates current industry best practice with the following Nationally Recognised units of competency:
- SISOCAY302A Apply vertical canyoning skills
- SISOCAY303A Establish belays in canyons
- SISOCAY304A Guide single pitch canyoning trips
- SISONAV201A Demonstrate navigational skills in a controlled environment
- SISOVTR301A Perform vertical rescues
This training is appropriate for those with previous abseiling, canyoning and/or other roping experience. Prior experience in a guiding or supervisory capacity is also of benefit.
The training is delivered as a five day intensive of technical training followed by a minimum of three days work experience and private practice.
The assessment is ongoing throughout the course, as well as a client assessment day performing the tasks of an assistant guide on a trip out with ASM . Work experience and client assessments can be conducted at your leisure once the training block is completed.
Upon payment of your course deposit you are also entitled to 20% off at our partner store – Paddy Pallin Katoomba.
- Australia’s Most Experienced Adventure Guiding & Outdoor Training Specialists – The Australian School of Mountaineering
- Nationally Qualified & Highly Experienced Guides
- All Technical Equipment
- Delicious & Nutritious Lunch (Please inform us of any requirements on your booking info)
- All National Parks’ Entrance Fees
- Course Notes
- Certificates (if required)
- 20% off in our Partner Store, Paddy Pallin Katoomba
After we process your booking an information sheet detailing specific equipment and dress requirements will be sent to you.
If you do not receive an immediate booking confirmation you may be the opening booking for this activity, our office will contact you shortly to confirm your booking.
If no dates are currently available, please phone our office to express your interest, availability & join our waiting list – 0247 822 014