This course is $1495 for those with the pre-requisite Guide single pitch abseiling- natural surfaces qualification. If you require both Abseil & Canyon qualifications this course is $1695.
This qualification integrates current industry best practice with the following Nationally Recognised units of competency:
- SISOCAY302A Apply vertical canyoning skills
- SISOCAY303A Establish belays in canyons
- SISOCAY304A Guide single pitch canyoning trips
- SISONAV201A Demonstrate navigational skills in a controlled environment
- SISOVTR301A Perform vertical rescues
This training is appropriate for those with previous abseiling, canyoning and/or other roping experience. Prior experience in a guiding or supervisory capacity is also of benefit.
The training is delivered as a five day intensive of technical training followed by a minimum of three days work experience and private practice.
The assessment is ongoing throughout the course, as well as a client assessment day performing the tasks of an assistant guide on a trip out with ASM . Work experience and client assessments can be conducted at your leisure once the training block is completed.
Upon payment of your course deposit you are also entitled to 20% off at our partner store – Paddy Pallin Katoomba.
- Australia’s Most Experienced Adventure Guiding & Outdoor Training Specialists – The Australian School of Mountaineering
- Nationally Qualified & Highly Experienced Guides
- All Technical Equipment
- Delicious & Nutritious Lunch (Please inform us of any requirements on your booking info)
- All National Parks’ Entrance Fees
- Course Notes
- Certificates (if required)
- 20% off in our Partner Store, Paddy Pallin Katoomba
If no dates are currently available, please phone our office to express your interest, availability & join our waiting list – 0247 822 014