This 3 day course will teach you the skills necessary to:
- Select & prepare Backcountry ski gear
- Use essential techniques for ‘skinning up’ and ‘skiing down’
- Interpret weather forecasts and understand the risk involved with alpine weather
- Understand avalanche hazards and rescue
- Utilise basic alpine navigation techniques
- Prepare for alpine ski adventures
- Assess hazards in alpine environments
Participants on this course will leave with the skills to confidently and safely head out for day missions into the back country.
- Moderate Fitness
- Previous skiing experience
- Australia’s most experienced adventure guiding & outdoor training specialists – The Australian School of Mountaineering
- Nationally qualified & highly experienced guides
- All technical equipment
- Delicious & nutritious Lunch (Please inform us of any requirements on your booking info)
- All National Parks’ entrance fees
- 15% off in our partner store, Paddy Pallin Katoomba
After we process your booking an information sheet detailing specific equipment and dress requirements will be sent to you.
If you do not receive an immediate booking confirmation you may be the opening booking for this activity, our office will contact you shortly to confirm your booking.