This is an informative, adventurous and very practical outdoor experience suitable for complete beginners or those with some prior experience. Learn all about navigation, orienteering, using maps, compasses, GPS and emergency methods using the sun and stars. Fully qualified Instructors will show the way & ensure that at the end of this course you will know your own way!
This course will teach you the necessary skills required to:
- Navigate on & off track with a map & compass
- Understand the features of topographic maps
- Use & maintain an orienteering compass
- Understand the Global Positioning System and use GPS devices
- Plan and prepare for off track walking
- A keen sense of Adventure!
- Bushwalking experience advantageous but not necessary!
- Australia’s most experienced adventure guiding & outdoor training specialists – The Australian School of Mountaineering
- Nationally qualified & highly experienced guides
- All technical equipment
- Delicious & nutritious Lunch (Please inform us of any requirements on your booking info)
- All National Parks’ entrance fees
- 15% off in our partner store, Paddy Pallin Katoomba
After we process your booking an information sheet detailing specific equipment and dress requirements will be sent to you.
If you do not receive an immediate booking confirmation you may be the opening booking for this activity, our office will contact you shortly to confirm your booking.