Bowens Creek is one of the most beautiful canyons we run. Some short swims, water jumps, log slides, boulder scrambles, wading and tricky abseiling will be necessary to explore this deep and beautiful canyon. The final slot is long, green, and reminiscent of Claustral Canyon. The walk out involves some roped scrambling up waterfalls and walking through towering Sassafras and Coachwood rainforest.
A spectacular trip that’s not quite as involved as our Advanced Canyons yet matches their beauty and excitement.
- Good fitness is recommended for this canyon
- Previous Canyoning experience – This trip involves lots of slippery surfaces & a strenuous exit hike!
- Basic swimming ability
- Australia’s most experienced adventure guiding & outdoor training specialists – The Australian School of Mountaineering
- Nationally qualified & highly experienced guides
- All technical equipment
- Delicious & nutritious Lunch (Please inform us of any requirements on your booking info)
- All National Parks’ entrance fees
- 15% off in our partner store, Paddy Pallin Katoomba
Please be aware that:
- Canyoning involves a variety of challenges- Lots of hiking, cold water swimming, scrambling over slippery surfaces and potentially rock climbing
- All participants must carry their own pack for the day and while negotiating these obstacles
- Good, closed toe footwear is required (Old sneakers are adequate)
- It’s going to be cold! We will provide a wetsuit, we recommend you bring a woolen or synthetic fleece layer also (No cotton- it will not work when wet!)
- A raincoat is required as emergency gear. This will help trap warm air against you and keep you extra warm. (We can provide this if necessary, but your own will be nicer and fit better!)
- We recommend all particpants are over 14 Years of age. Please call us if you have younger people who are keen for adventure!
- Bring spare clothes and a towel- You will need them when you get back to the office