Intending participants should have previous rockclimbing and abseiling experience and be able to second/top rope to at least grade 16. Prior to booking this course, we recommend calling our office on (02) 4782 2014 to ensure that this climbing course is appropriate for you.
Our three-day lead-climbing course will teach the aspiring lead climber the skills required for safe, efficient lead climbing.
The subjects covered on this course include:
- Detailed selection and use of equipment
- Racking systems
- Protection systems
- Advanced rope management
- Runner placement
- Route selection and assessment
- Mental and physical preparation for effective lead climbing.
Course participants will learn while they climb and they can look forward to leading a number of selected classic climbs under the close supervision of their instructors.
- Australia’s most experienced adventure guiding & outdoor training specialists – The Australian School of Mountaineering
- Nationally qualified & highly experienced guides
- All technical equipment
- Delicious & nutritious Lunch (Please inform us of any requirements on your booking info)
- All National Parks’ entrance fees
- 20% off all gear purchases in our partner store, Paddy Pallin Katoomba