This trip is seriously good fun and suitable for family groups!
We start our expedition in Twister Canyon (Often referred to as “Sheep Dip”) where we encounter lots of slides, water jumps and interesting scrambles. When the water stops, we walk a short distance to the start of Rocky Creek Canyon- One of the most impressive slot canyons in the Blue Mountains. The formations in this canyon can not be beat- seriously breathtaking!
At the end of our canyon experience, we do a 1 hour bushwalk which takes us through beautiful rainforest sections before the final uphill push to get back to the carpark.
- A Keen sense of Adventure
- Reasonable fitness
- Basic swimming ability
- Australia’s most experienced adventure guiding & outdoor training specialists – The Australian School of Mountaineering
- Nationally qualified & highly experienced guides
- All technical equipment
- Delicious & nutritious Lunch (Please inform us of any requirements on your booking info)
- All National Parks’ entrance fees
- 15% off in our partner store, Paddy Pallin Katoomba
Please be aware that:
- Canyoning involves a variety of challenges- Lots of hiking, cold water swimming, scrambling over slippery surfaces and potentially rock climbing
- All participants must carry their own pack for the day and while negotiating these obstacles
- Good, closed toe footwear is required (Old sneakers are adequate)
- It’s going to be cold! We will provide a wetsuit, we recommend you bring a woolen or synthetic fleece layer also (No cotton- it will not work when wet!)
- A raincoat is required as emergency gear. This will help trap warm air against you and keep you extra warm. (We can provide this if necessary, but your own will be nicer and fit better!)
- We recommend all particpants are over 14 Years of age. Please call us if you have younger people who are keen for adventure!
- Bring spare clothes and a towel- You will need them when you get back to the office