This is our recommended trip for those looking to get their first experience in a Wilderness Abseil Canyon.
The canyon involves up to four short but exciting abseils, an optional water jump and some short swims. This is a great canyon for those that have never canyoned before but have outdoor experience, good fitness and a keen sense of adventure.
This trip finishes on the Wollangambe river- A spectacular wide canyon deep in the wilderness beyond Mt Wilson.
- Good fitness is recommended for this canyon
- Previous Abseiling experience is recommended though just being comfortable with heights is also fine
- Basic swimming ability
- Australia’s most experienced adventure guiding & outdoor training specialists – The Australian School of Mountaineering
- Nationally qualified & highly experienced guides
- All technical equipment
- Delicious & nutritious Lunch (Please inform us of any requirements on your booking info)
- All National Parks’ entrance fees
- 15% off in our partner store, Paddy Pallin Katoomba
Please be aware that:
- Canyoning involves a variety of challenges- Lots of hiking, cold water swimming, scrambling over slippery surfaces and potentially rock climbing
- All participants must carry their own pack for the day and while negotiating these obstacles
- Good, closed toe footwear is required (Old sneakers are adequate)
- It’s going to be cold! We will provide a wetsuit, we recommend you bring a woolen or synthetic fleece layer also (No cotton- it will not work when wet!)
- A raincoat is required as emergency gear. This will help trap warm air against you and keep you extra warm. (We can provide this if necessary, but your own will be nicer and fit better!)
- We recommend all particpants are over 14 Years of age. Please call us if you have younger people who are keen for adventure!
- Bring spare clothes and a towel- You will need them when you get back to the office
Participant Clothing and Footwear:
Please come prepared for all weather and make sure you bring or wear the following:
• Swimwear (to save time, be wearing these under your clothes when you arrive)
• Sneakers (old or new doesn’t matter, but they will get wet and sandy!)
• Socks (without socks that sand will give you blisters)
• Comfortable shorts or long pants
• T-Shirt or Long sleeve shirt (sun protection is your choice!)
• A synthetic or woollen fleece jumper (no cotton – It does not insulate when wet!)
• Rain jacket (Even if the weather is good- This layer is great at keeping you warm!)
A set of spare clothing & shoes for the trip home may be useful. These can be kept safe in our lockers for the duration of your canyon trip.