Please note: this 4 day course includes Abseiling 2 & 3.
ASM’s Abseil Leader’s Course integrates current international best practice Abseiling Leader Training and is aligned to Nationally Recognised units of competency.
ASM’s Abseiling Leader’s Course constitutes four one-day training modules with optional work placement / skills practice and an optional additional assessment process.
This 4 day course covers:
- selection, fitting and use of abseiling equipment
- selection and rigging of suitable anchor systems and single pitch abseils
- hazard identification and avoidance
- risk management strategies
- self-belaying methods
- belay techniques for abseiling
- dealing with emergencies such as a “stuck” abseiler
- basic rescue and self rescue systems.
- Rope handling
- Ascending Using Knots, Mechanical Ascenders and Improvised Methods
- Improvised Abseiling Methods
- Assisted Abseils
- Rescue Abseils
- Lowering and Raising systems
- Improvised Casualty Evacuation methods.
- Client management
- Technical Briefings
- Safety Briefings
The final day of this course is used to refine your skills and workshop questions and situations that may arise during Abseiling experiences.
- Australia’s Most Experienced Adventure Guiding & Outdoor Training Specialists – The Australian School of Mountaineering
- Nationally Qualified & Highly Experienced Guides
- All Technical Equipment
- Delicious & Nutritious Lunch (Please inform us of any requirements on your booking info)
- All National Parks’ Entrance Fees
- Certificates (if required)
- 15% off in our Partner Store, Paddy Pallin Katoomba
After we process your booking an information sheet detailing specific equipment and dress requirements will be sent to you.
If you do not receive an immediate booking confirmation you may be the opening booking for this activity, our office will contact you shortly to confirm your booking.