Please note: this course covers all of our abseiling content in one 4 day course
ASM’s Abseil Leader’s Course integrates current international best practice Abseiling Leader Training and is aligned to Nationally Recognised units of competency.
ASM’s Abseiling Leader’s Course constitutes four one-day training modules with optional work placement / skills practice and an optional additional assessment process.
This 4 day course covers:
- selection, fitting and use of abseiling equipment
- selection and rigging of suitable anchor systems and single pitch abseils
- hazard identification and avoidance
- risk management strategies
- self-belaying methods
- belay techniques for abseiling
- dealing with emergencies such as a “stuck” abseiler
- basic rescue and self rescue systems.
- Rope handling
- Ascending Using Knots, Mechanical Ascenders and Improvised Methods
- Improvised Abseiling Methods
- Assisted Abseils
- Rescue Abseils
- Lowering and Raising systems
- Improvised Casualty Evacuation methods.
- Client management
- Technical Briefings
- Safety Briefings
The final day of this course is used to refine your skills and workshop questions and situations that may arise during Abseiling experiences.
- Australia’s Most Experienced Adventure Guiding & Outdoor Training Specialists – The Australian School of Mountaineering
- Nationally Qualified & Highly Experienced Guides
- All Technical Equipment
- Delicious & Nutritious Lunch (Please inform us of any requirements on your booking info)
- All National Parks’ Entrance Fees
- 20% off in our Partner Store, Paddy Pallin Katoomba