Prior abseiling experience is necessary to undertake this course. We recommend an understanding of basic abseiling techniques, knots, etc. Our Abseiling 1 course is a great starting point and our Abseiling 2 course is even better. The greater your understanding of the basics, the more you will get out of this course!
Our Canyon 2 course starts with a review of skills & experience before proceeding on to our comprehensive training content.
Course content covers:
- Canyon abseil anchors (removing old & building new)
- Retrievable Rope Systems
- Rigging for rescue & efficiency
- Self-belaying methods
- Self rescue techniques
- Belay systems for others
- Dealing with emergencies such as a “stuck” abseiler
- Basic rescue systems
- Rope handling
- Ascending ropes using Improvised Methods
- Improvised Abseiling Methods
- Rescue Abseils
- Lowering and Raising systems
- Hazard identification and avoidance
- Risk management strategies
This course is unrivalled for its efficient delivery of vital canyoning skills. Canyoners both experienced and new will leave this course with a much greater skill set!
- Australia’s most experienced adventure guiding & outdoor training specialists – The Australian School of Mountaineering
- Nationally qualified & highly experienced guides
- All technical equipment
- Delicious & nutritious Lunch (Please inform us of any requirements on your booking info)
- All National Parks’ entrance fees
- 15% off in our partner store, Paddy Pallin Katoomba
After we process your booking an information sheet detailing specific equipment and dress requirements will be sent to you.
If you do not receive an immediate booking confirmation you may be the opening booking for this activity, our office will contact you shortly to confirm your booking.