The course fee includes: – All skills training and guided climbing with Nationally and Internationally Certified Climbing Instructors, lunch each day, supply and use of all equipment including ropes, helmets, harnesses, technical hardware, climbing shoes etc.
The weekend begins with training in the fundamentals of abseiling and basic rockclimbing including:
- The art of safe movement on rock
- Using climbing equipment
- Efficient use of holds
- Rope handling
- Tying knots
- Belay anchors
- Correct belay technique
- How to use various footholds & handholds
- Many other climbing techniques
On this course you’ll also learn to select and use the latest in modern abseiling and rockclimbing equipment. Throughout the day your instructors will accompany you on a special selection of graduated climbs.
The second day of the course is devoted solely to the simple joys of climbing, with your instructor aiming to take you on as many varied climbs as possible. The object will be to learn and develop your skills and techniques as you climb! This is the ideal course for the beginner or indoor climbing gym user who wants to make the transition to real rock.
After this course you will be able to competently climb with experienced leaders on short moderately graded rock climbs.
- Australia’s most experienced adventure guiding & outdoor training specialists – The Australian School of Mountaineering
- Nationally qualified & highly experienced guides
- All technical equipment
- Delicious & nutritious Lunch (Please inform us of any requirements on your booking info)
- All National Parks’ entrance fees
- 15% off in our partner store, Paddy Pallin Katoomba
After we process your booking an information sheet detailing specific equipment and dress requirements will be sent to you.
If you do not receive an immediate booking confirmation you may be the opening booking for this activity, our office will contact you shortly to confirm your booking.