The course fee includes: – All skills training and guided climbing with Nationally and Internationally Certified Climbing Instructors, lunch each day, supply and use of all equipment including ropes, helmets, harnesses, technical hardware, climbing shoes etc.
The weekend begins with training in the fundamentals of outdoor rockclimbing including:
- The art of safe movement on rock
- Using climbing equipment
- Efficient use of holds
- Rope handling
- Tying knots
- Belay anchors
- Correct belay technique
- How to use various footholds & handholds
- Many other climbing techniques
On this course you’ll also learn to select and use the latest in modern rockclimbing and abseiling equipment. Throughout the day your instructors will accompany you on a special selection of graduated climbs.
The second day of the course is devoted to developing and improving your climbing technique on a range of great climbs. This is the ideal course for entry level climbers or indoor gym users who want to make the transition to real rock.
After this course you should be able to competently climb with experienced leaders on moderately graded climbs.
- Australia’s most experienced adventure guiding & outdoor training specialists – The Australian School of Mountaineering
- Nationally qualified & highly experienced guides
- All technical equipment
- Delicious & nutritious Lunch (Please inform us of any requirements on your booking info)
- All National Parks’ entrance fees
- 20% off all gear purchases in our partner store, Paddy Pallin Katoomba
Please see our Rock 2 course if you would like to further your climbing pathway with Australian School of Mountaineering.