Our instructors will meet you at Jindabyne and from here we will depart for our high mountain basecamp. Over the next five days your instructors will teach you advanced techniques and select quality alpine routes to test and improve your alpine climbing skills. Many talk in awe of the fabled Blue Lake “Water Ice” – we won’t just be talking about it, we’ll be climbing lots of it (weather permitting). Through extensive experience our instructors know where and when to find the best ice conditions and they will ensure that you get to climb it to the fullest!
For additional information please contact our office.
This course will teach you the skills required to:
- Prepare for advanced alpine expeditions
- Handle ropes and use advanced rope systems
- Build complex snow anchors
- Perform complex rescues
- Belay both a second or a lead climber
- Communicate clearly with your climbing partner
- Fit and use crampons for snow travel & ice climbing
- Ascend & Descend using crampons and ice axes
- Arrest a fall with an ice axe
- Assess avalanche risks
- Use avalanche beacons and snow probes
- Prepare improvised snow shelters
- Assess complex hazards in a vertical environment
- Moderate Fitness
- Previous alpine experience
- Previous climbing experience
For more detailed information about this course, please see the following PDF:
Advanced Mountaineering Information Package
- Australia’s most experienced adventure guiding & outdoor training specialists – The Australian School of Mountaineering
- Nationally qualified & highly experienced guides
- All technical equipment
- Delicious & nutritious Lunch (Please inform us of any requirements on your booking info)
- All National Parks’ entrance fees
- 15% off in our partner store, Paddy Pallin Katoomba
After we process your booking an information sheet detailing specific equipment and dress requirements will be sent to you.
If you do not receive an immediate booking confirmation you may be the opening booking for this activity, our office will contact you shortly to confirm your booking.