This training is designed for professional outdoor instructors, outdoor centre staff, teachers, defence personnel, outdoor club leaders and other professional and recreational based users who want to gain the skills of a Single Pitch Abseiling Guide and a nationally recognised qualification.
This qualification integrates current industry best practice with the following Nationally Recognised units of competency:
- SISOABN304A Establish ropes for single pitch abseiling on natural surfaces
- SISOABN303A Apply single pitch abseiling skills on natural surfaces
- SISOABN202A Safeguard and abseiler using a single rope belay system
- SISOABN305A Guide abseiling on single pitch natural surfaces
- SISOABN301A Perform Vertical Rescues
This training is appropriate for those with previous abseil and/or other roping experience. Prior experience in a guiding or supervisory capacity is also of benefit.
The training is delivered as a five day intensive of technical training followed by a minimum of three days work experience and private practice.
The assessment is two days and incorporates simulated rigging and rescue scenarios as well as a day guiding clients of ASM.
Upon payment of your course deposit you are also entitled to 20% off at our partner store – Paddy Pallin Katoomba.
- Australia’s Most Experienced Adventure Guiding & Outdoor Training Specialists – The Australian School of Mountaineering
- Nationally Qualified & Highly Experienced Guides
- All Technical Equipment
- Delicious & Nutritious Lunch (Please inform us of any requirements on your booking info)
- All National Parks’ Entrance Fees
- Course Notes
- Certificates (if required)
- 20% off in our Partner Store, Paddy Pallin Katoomba
After we process your booking an information sheet detailing specific equipment and dress requirements will be sent to you.
If you do not receive an immediate booking confirmation you may be the opening booking for this activity, our office will contact you shortly to confirm your booking.
If no dates are currently available, please phone our office to express your interest, availability & join our waiting list – 0247 822 014